Headteacher at Danesfield School
Sarah has been the Headteacher at Danesfield school since February 2015. The most recent external assessment of the school’s leadership came with an Ofsted inspection on 8th June 2017, where they received an Outstanding judgment for the first time in the school’s history.
Inspectors noted the following:
“The headteacher leads the school with a determination to make sure that pupils achieve highly in a nurturing environment. Her exceptionally clear vision, strategic thinking and commitment to the local community has transformed the school since her appointment. Leaders, governors and staff share her aspirations so that the school is very well placed to improve further”.
Sarah stepped into the role first as Acting Head in October 2014 after a turbulent period in the leadership of the school, that had led to Danesfield becoming a coasting school. As a first Headship, Sarah had to make drastic changes with immediate effect to enable the school to reach its full potential.
Sarah says, “Our ambitious vision for the school has seen outcomes for children improving across all cohorts year-on-year and the development of a broad and creative curriculum. The team of Ofsted inspectors commented that they had never seen as broad and engaging curriculum as the one at Danesfield. Inspiring a love of learning is at the heart of our school, not just for children but also to provide the framework for the highest quality professional development.
“The approach to our teaching staff provides us with significant ongoing capacity for improvement and has allowed us to extend our support to others schools outside of Danesfield.
- Each year we host more than 200 schools from across the UK, Europe and the Middle East who want to see first-hand our creative curriculum in practise and our pioneering work with technology as a Microsoft Training Academy.
- As Headteacher I support a number of schools in the local area.
- In 2019 we have been shortlisted for the TES Creative School of the Year award.
- We have been recognised as an EdTech 50 school
- I speak at Headteacher conferences internationally and have applied to become and NLE.
- We have developed SLE’s who are offering ongoing support to other schools locally
- Our teachers are regular speakers at the Festival of Education and BETT.
I am keen to help support leaders, schools and their communities in the creation of exciting centres of learning that provide the best opportunities for all children.”
Danesfield is a DfE EdTech Demonstrator School.