LearnED: Free training event for Senior Leaders
LearnED in Liverpool is an educational technology conference designed to make a positive impact for schools, led by The British Educational Suppliers Association, (BESA), supported by the Department for Education.
LearnED explores and supports the effective use of technology in schools. This FREE event will provide you and your team with CPD-accredited content, new interactive sessions and teacher-led discussions to help you leverage EdTech in the classroom and beyond.
Date: 17th September 2021
Time: 9am – 3:30pm
Location: Aintree Racecourse, Ormskirk Rd, Liverpool L9 5AS
“LearnED helped to reignite my passion for using technology to support teaching and learning and left me with practical advice to support my work back at school.”C. Crowther, Digital Lead.
Join the conference to:
- Hear directly from fellow Senior Leaders about the products that have made a positive impact in their school
- Join teacher-led panels to discuss current EdTech issues
- Discover new ways of working that will save time and impact teaching and learning
- Watch inspiring lessons taking place at the demonstrator classroom
- Gain practical ideas you can put into practice the very next day
- Earn CPD points for attending – you will receive a certificate at the end of the day
- Browse the supplier exhibition featuring 30 outstanding educational suppliers ready to help you transform your school
Who should attend:
Headteachers, Deputy Headteachers, Senior Leaders, ICT leads in both primary and secondary schools.
BESA is delighted to offer bursaries of up to £30 to cover travel expenses. For more information, tick the box when booking your ticket.
“The event really helped us to identify our ICT needs in relation to our priorities in shaping teaching and learning for current students and for the future.”Sean Murphy, AHT.
LearnED Liverpool agenda and confirmed speakers
09.00: Arrival and registration
09.40: Welcome and introduction – BESA Director
09.45: Opening keynote – Department for Education representative
10.05: Panel: EdTech Evolution: revisiting digital strategies
- Chair: Dave Smith, Senior Inspector – Traded Services (HSIS)
- Speaker 1: Sally Naylor, Year 6 Teacher and Computing Lead, St. John’s Abram
- Speaker 2: Emma Tranter, Second in mathematics, Ribblesdale High School
- Speaker 3: Kenny Bartonshaw, Computing Lead, Kingsland CE Academy and St. Bart’s Academy Trust- Stoke-on-Trent
- Speaker 4: Adam Chase, Year 5 Teacher and Computing Lead, Old Hall Primary School
11.00: Coffee break and educational technology classroom showcase
11.45: Introduction to LendED by Julia Garvey, Operations Director, BESA
11.50: Interactive workshop: Demonstrator Schools and digital strategies – United Learning
12.45: Lunch and educational technology classroom showcases
14.05: School case studies/ masterclasses – hear from school and digital leaders who have successfully transformed their respective schools with great teaching and technology that does what it says it will, incorporating slides to show how any challenges were navigated.
- SEND Showcase – Gary Reddin, Leader of The Virtual Curriculum, Alt Bridge School
- Secondary Showcase – John Jones, Director of Innovation, RGS Worcester
- Primary Showcase – Laura Butcher, Headteacher, St. John’s Abram, part of Quest Trust
15.05: Closing speech
15.00: CPD Certificate collection